The Finance Lead/Business Manager’s role encompasses a broad range of duties and is ideal for a candidate who desires a role that both allows the ability to see the big picture of the operations clearly but still comfortable being hands on and responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions of the firm.
- Become an expert in our Deltek Vantagepoint ERP system to help deploy and maintain best practices for an architectural firm and provide training and support to the staff
- Interpret financial data in contracts and setup projects to enable best project planning, billing terms, invoice formats and revenue recognition methods
- Work closely with Design Managers, clients, and consultants to discuss billing and financial issues
- Prepare and process invoices in line with project contractual arrangements as well as internal monthly invoicing deadlines
- Manage Subconsultant Invoices for accurate project coding, budget review, approval routing and payment
- Manage accounts payable and employee expense reimbursements
- Prepare journal entries and research General ledger issues
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant accounting experience
- 5+ years of experience, 2+ years specifically relevant to Project Accounting
- Experience in A/E industry or a professional services firm preferred
- Proficient using Advanced Excel, Word, E-mail, and the Internet
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint a plus
- Excellent organizational skills as well as a high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels
- High level of discretion
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team environment and work independently
- Analytical, proactive, problem solver
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including health, dental, 401K and profit sharing, and paid vacation.
Interested? Send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Sherwood Butler. Please put your last name in the subject line and the position in which you are interested. All submissions must be in PDF format with maximum file size of 5MB. Thanks in advance—we look forward to meeting you.