Located in Boston’s bustling Innovation District, TRIA seeks highly motivated, entrepreneurial people to join our rapidly growing team. A partner-led architecture firm with a focus on building long-term client relationships through innovative design solutions to our clients’ business challenges, we approach our work with equal parts passion and precision. Our clients are science and technology organizations whose mission to discover, advance, and innovate inspires our own approach. Ours is a fast-paced environment with significant opportunities for candidates who thrive on challenge, want to make their voice heard, and enjoy working both independently and as part of a team.
TRIA is seeking an experienced interior designer to join our design team, full time, who has a background in architectural interior design and knowledge of construction drawings, high-end furniture, lighting, and materials. This person will be working with the other designers experiencing all phases of work on a variety of projects from the schematic phase through the completion. Candidate to have working knowledge of material and furniture specifications. Experience with client showroom tours and site visits.
- 5-10 years of commercial experience in interior design, preferably experience with science and lab design
- Minimum interior design degree or architecture degree (accredited program)
- Experienced with and knowledge of construction drawings
- Excellent design sense, good judgment of colors/space, and detail-oriented
- Proficient in programs including Revit, Sketch Up or 3D computer rendering, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- NCIDQ preferred or Licensed Architect (MA preferred or NCARB certification)
- LEED AP & Specialty encouraged
- Comfortable with hand sketches
- Team-oriented, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to create client presentations
- Working directly with clients (visioning sessions, color/material selections, etc.)
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including health, dental, 401K and profit sharing, and paid vacation.